Sunday 31 May 2009

Wow! That Month Went Fast

I've been having fun at my self-imposed boot camp - visiting the gym 4+ times a week alternating between Zumba (Latin aerobic dancing) and BodyPump (weight-lifting) days. And finally the scale is showing my renewed physical activity.

Yesterday I finished the Hello Possums scarf with the Peacock Tail and Leaf pattern. Here it is in its unblocked state.
Blocking is next.
















I also started a Branching Out scarf using testing some new Uruguayan Punta Yarns Kid Mohair Nylon (50/50) Hand Painted yarn. It feels lovely and will be a fairly quick knit. I hope to have it done by Thursday at noon - in time for my Thursday afternoon knitting group.

Like my pretty needles? They're KnitPicks Harmony wood; very sturdy and the tips are really pointy - perfect for lace knitting.












I will be teaching a series of 'knitting lace' classes in the fall so have several planned for demo purposes using a variety of yarns. I will be knitting a square Estonian-style scarf called Lehe in a grey lace weight yarn and will be selecting another pattern for yet another lace scarf using a very thin cranberry-coloured wool.

I have completed a couple of stealth projects and will post pics once they are mailed and received.

Skip and I been taking some time the last couple of Sundays to browse at car dealerships. We do it when the dealerships are closed so as not to have to deal with enthusiastic (desperate?) salespersons. Ideally we'd like to get a 2006 or newer mid-size sedan, hatchback or SUV with low kilometrage and in our price range. So far we're considering a brand new Hyundai Sonata or Santa Fe, several 2006 Subaru Foresters, a 2006 Toyota Camry SE, a 2006 Nissan Altima with only 40,000km and a 2006 Nissan X-Trail. We want a car that will be reliable, affordable and comfortable for our annual 7200km odyssey to and from Texas. This process could take a while. Fortunately we're not in a hurry and the prices will only go lower. Stay tuned.

And it will be June tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment