Wednesday 20 May 2009

Where Do I Start?

It has been busy the last week or so and I'll post birding photos another time. The exciting news is that I've completed a few projects and have started a few others.

The sock yarn baby cardigan is done.















Last week at the Sit 'n Knit at Kniterary I finished the Lace Ribbon Scarf.

It still needs blocking.











I also finished the Flower and Leaf Shawl and blocked it this morning.

























And the first Monarch Butterfly caterpillar sock in the Leyburn pattern is done and the ribbing is finished on the second sock's cuff.

















Tonight is the Trillium Embroidery Guild and I got the Quaker Heart square done and have decided to leave it as it is - 'j' less.













I managed to find the skein of silk yarn I had purchased at Needles and Pins in London and in fact, it is Alchemy Silk Purse. I had a few requirements for an appropriate pattern for the scarf I wanted to knit with it. As there are only 167 yd. the scarf had to be skinny and I felt it should be reversible. In order to optimize the length of the yarn I wanted some type of lace pattern and happened upon the Drop Stitch Scarf - #13 in the Spring/Summer 2009 issue of Vogue Knitting International.

Last night I stayed up quite late test knitting it using some bamboo sock yarn. I wanted to become familiar with the pattern as it was written as I was not going to do all the repeats on the silk drop stitch scarf.

I'm so pleased with the test scarf that I'm going to complete it as well. The bamboo sock yarn is very soft and snuggly and my friend, Sue, who is allergic to wool will be the recipient of the test scarf when I finish it.







I cast on the silk one this morning.

The colour is 'citrine' and exactly matches one of the colours in my Chinese lamp shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment