Wednesday 26 August 2009

Stitch 'n Pitch

Last night Skip, Scooter and I attended the Blue Jays' Stitch 'n Pitch game against the Tampa Bay Rays. I was certainly dressed for the occasion. Here I am patiently waiting for the GO train.













Although it was far from a shut-out, the Jays absolutely stunk.


However, Martina and I soldiered on, knitting, purling, frogging and tinking in spite of it all.










Today we test-drove a 2008 Hyundai Sonata. It was a somewhat squooshy ride which would probably be great on the highway to Texas but not great for Skip's motion sickness. We've asked the salesperson to keep an eye out for a Tucson or Santa Fe in our price range. I still am partial to the Kia Rondo we test-drove last week but have lots of other makes to look at. We're not in any hurry but I think it's a good time to buy a car as dealers are wanting to make room for the 2010 models.

This morning I learned of the passing of Senator Ted Kennedy. I've been glued to the coverage of his life and was impressed to learn that once a week for four years he helped a little girl with her reading (I assume in a Washington, DC public school) , that he attended the funerals of every fallen soldier from Massachusetts and made personal condolence calls to many friends and acquaintances on the loss of one of their loved ones. He had certainly 'walked the walk' himself. I am so glad he got to see Barack Obama get elected and participate in the inauguration. He didn't live well into old age but he certainly lived a full life. May he rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment