Tuesday 17 August 2010

Cross Stitch Gallery

I'm in the process of going through a bunch of cross stitch UFOs, collecting all the odd skeins of DMC floss and finding small projects that I've finished stitching that just need to be framed or finished into ornaments. Some of the items are almost 15 years old but I can always pick out out the stitching of the date and update it.

So here's a gallery of some of my little UFOs.

I have one of these dated 1996 (the year we moved into this house) framed in my kitchen.


3 1/2" x 5 1/2" on 14 count Aida






I stitched this little 'Told In A Garden' piece on Monaco cloth.

2 5/8" x 2 5/8" over 2 threads













I bought this stocking kit at Hedgehog Stitchery two years ago. I have the backing fabric and they're ready to finish.

2" x 4 5/16" on 28 count linen over 2 threads

I bought this little kit in Harlingen, TX at Judy's Stitchery Nook. I think I stitched it in two nights while on vacation on South Padre island.

2 3/4" x 3 3/4" on 32 count linen over 2 threads



I stitched this up two nights ago. It's the 'Friends' FlipIt from Lizzie Kate. I used a scrap of linen.

I do prefer stitching on evenweave fabric rather than Aida cloth. I believe it gives a more 'polished' look to the piece.




A couple of years ago I took a couple of Hardanger classes at Hedgehog Stitchery and have completed a few small projects as well.

Hardanger is fun to do and very easy to finish most pieces. You just cut around the buttonhole stitching and add a hanger to the back and voilà! You're done!

1 comment:

  1. That Hardanger stitchery would be amazing on some beautiful towels, pillowcases or napkins.

    ReplyDelete