Saturday 4 September 2010

The Joy of Sox

Last night I finished Freny's second sock.They are fraternal twins. Because I made the cuffs nice and long, I didn't have enough yarn to wind off to start the second sock in the same place as the first.

 The toe was reinforced with 2ply sock yarn so it looks marled.
These socks are my own design - basically a plain 68 stitch sock with a 12 stitch cable pattern down the sides of the legs and 6 stitch cable pattern down the sides of the foot. I also used my favourite "Eye of Partridge" heel.


I want to start a pair of Polka Dot Socks from the cover of Patons Kroy Socks "Socks in the City" booklet and was SHOCKED to discover I didn't have enough black sock yarn for the project!!! I have lots of sock yarn (certainly not as much as you, Mo), don't get me wrong, but I seem to have a shortage of black. I did, however, unearth a couple of skeins of alpaca blend sock yarn so have selected some dark heathery green Berocco Ultra Alpaca Fine and the multicoloured Nova sock yarn I picked up last week at Romni.
I think they'll look great together.

No comments:

Post a Comment