Monday 6 June 2011

Prize Winners

These are my items that won prizes at the 2011 Brooklin Spring Fair.
The cat didn't win a prize but he was sleeping so peacefully I didn't want to disturb him.

These Latvian Dances socks (Robyn Gallimore design) won 1st Place and $11, in the 'Any Socks' category.And these 'Filigree' socks (also Robyn Gallimore design) won 1st Place, $5 AND a red ribbon in the Seniors Sock class.My 5-colour, DK weight, Dale of Norway sweater came 3rd with $3 prize winnings. Harumph! 3rd to a two-colour acrylic worsted weight Icelandic yoke sweater (yawn) and a hideous kitty cat sweater, also knit with acrylic yarn. (I'm not bitter - LOL).
My stitching friend, Marjorie, submitted a beautiful Teresa Wentzler wedding sampler that was stitched on linen and had little beads. It came third to two Aida cloth projects - one a simple bell-pull sampler and the other about 1/5 of the size of Marjorie's - a teddy bear design from a kit. Neither of the Aida cloth winners had beads and there was one large-ish charm on the bell pull.

Here were my winnings.

I doubt that it'll be enough to pay for the repairs to my PC which won't turn on. Off to the computer hospital we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment