Monday 28 October 2013

Christmas Coasters

I am knitting the Felted Peppermint Coasters from the Holiday 2013 Knit Simple magazine. I'm using red and white Létt-Lopi. I have finished three and have the fourth one on the needles.
There is also a felted container that can be made but I may just wrap these with a ribbon.

I plan to make a few sets for various festive gifts.

I'm leaving for my knitting tour of Ireland, flying to Dublin via Heathrow on Tuesday night. I just began packing and think I have figured out what knitting projects to take. There will be a lot of time spent waiting in airports and riding in planes and on the tour bus so I want to make sure I have enough to keep me busy. However, one of the first things we'll be doing is attending The Knitting and Stitching Show in Dublin so I may be inspired to do some yarn purchasing at that time. Heh heh heh.

I'm taking two sock projects - both simple men's socks with a 2 x 2 ribbed leg and plain foot. I'm also packing a skein of Rowan Kidsilk Haze Stripe yarn to make the Mitred Square Scarf.

1 comment:

  1. Cute coasters.
    How exciting about your trip Geri. I will be looking forward to lots of pics. Have a fabulous time :-)

    ReplyDelete