Wednesday 16 October 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

We packed a lot into this holiday weekend. On Friday, I invited Marion for dinner with Skip, Scooter and me. It was a low-key affair and thanks to lining every meal preparation dish with aluminum foil and my decision to use dishwasher-safe dishes, cleanup was easy.

The next morning, Skip and I headed for the Sarnia area to spend the weekend with my sister and her family. Saturday evening, we were 12 for dinner.
While waiting for dinner, several of us played with our iPhones.
My grand-niece, Andrea, and
my sister, Valerie, and I all have the 'nerd' gene.
Darryl (Andrea's dad and my niece, Rosa's husband) worked on grilling the brussels sprouts and bacon.
There was so much stuff cooking in the oven, the dressing had to be cooked at a friend's house a couple of streets over.
My niece, Ana, and her sister and our host, Rosa, posed before laying out the dishes for our buffet service.
 Finally, it was time to start digging in. Everything was done to perfection and heartily consumed.
For dessert, Rosa had prepared a deep-dish Dutch apple pie.  Yum!
I tried to completely conceal my pumpkin pie with whipped cream. What a feast!
The next day Skip and I attended the Brigden Fair - always held on Thanksgiving weekend. This poster intrigued me.
Once inside, I met a woman who was spinning some beautiful fibre
and who had a rigid heddle loom on display - a Kromski Harp 36" loom.
This woman raises sheep for their fleece. She had a picker and carder and fibre in various stages of processing.
I'll outline some of the winning items in the Homecraft competition in my next post.


1 comment:

  1. I wish we had a fibre show like that around my area! Do you know the breed of sheep the lady has and what her farm name is Geri? I am always interested in what other breeders are up to.
    Happy Thanksgiving Geri to you ,Skip and Scooter :-)

    ReplyDelete