Friday 28 March 2014

Trip Planning

I am on the home stretch of my Sweet Dreams shawl.

As I am using very fine yarn and have lots of yarn to spare, I did the lace Chart B twice and just finished the third row of Chart C - the lacy border. There is a picot edge created by casting on 3 sts and binding off 5 until all the stitches are consumed. Picots are very picky to pin for wet blocking but the results are spectacular.

I did a long garter ridge tab to start as recommended by Susan Rainey which eliminates a 'peak' in the center of the neck edge of the shawl. To get a crescent-shaped shawl, 6 sts need to be increased every two rows. When knitting lace, the increases are usually yarnovers. On this shawl, there are 4 increase yarnovers on the right side row and 2 on the wrong side row.

I'm almost finished the second "Man in the Brown Suit Sock". As we're getting ready to pack up here and head to visit friends in Panama City and then make our way home, I need to plan what to knit on the road. I visited A Good Yarn again yesterday and selected a Manos del Uruguay sock yarn, "Alegria" (happiness in Spanish) in yet another autumnal colour.

I haven't decided what pattern I'll knit as our Internet signal has been very erratic so surfing Ravelry for ideas is practically impossible.

I also bought a skein of Three Irish Girls cotton/bamboo fingering weight in the 'Not a Cloud in the Sky' colourway. It would make a lovely, lacy summer shawl.


No comments:

Post a Comment