Thursday 13 March 2014

Inspired Again

I finally have found a couple of new projects I want to knit.

The first is Newgrange Mittens by Kat Lewinski. I liked the Irish motif and visualized knitting it with a black background with a contrasting lime green yarn.

I found exactly what I wanted at the yarn shop:

Cascade Heritage sock yarn in black, and


Claudia Hand Painted Fingering 55 yarn in Limeade.

I decided to do a Latvian braid at the bottom and top of the cuff. Rather than a two-colour, long-tail cast-on, I cast on in black then immediately did the first braid alternating colours. I then did 3 rounds of black before starting the cuff chart. I did the reverse at the top of the cuff, then three rows of black before starting the palm and back chart and thumb gusset.

Once the pattern was established it moved along quite quickly.
I might even have the first mitten done by St. Patrick's Day.

The second project is the Sweet Dreams shawl from Boo Knits' 'In Love' Collection.

I selected a sunny, yellow tonal laceweight by Anzula Luxury Fibers. I was surprised not to find that brand listed on Ravelry.

It is my 'on deck' project.

No comments:

Post a Comment