Tuesday 9 December 2014

Quite Scattered...

I've been laying low this last week or so. We miss Ollie terribly but are realize that we are now truly 'empty nesters'. I have been doing a lot of 'therapeutic' knitting. I have been 'tearing off in all directions' as my dad used to say. I got a couple of major tasks done and spend a lot of time puttering around the house doing stuff.

I sewed and completed a couple of gift items today so there are a couple more things off my list. However, I am easily distracted - will start going something and easily get sidetracked.

Now for the therapeutic knitting...

I knit up one of the kits for the cruise knitting program. It is a slouchy cowl using lovely Karabella Aurora 8 yarn. It took 3 50g balls. I had enough yarn to add an extra repeat before the garter stitch edge and bind off.
I am plugging away at a linen stitch scarf for Skip and may or may not get it done for Christmas.

I'm using 3 different colourways of Regia Design Line Kaffe Fassett 6-ply yarn with blue as the common colour among the three. I did a swatch to determine how many stitches to cast on for the appropriate length. The pattern is pretty tedious but I've been binge-watching "Downton Abbey" that PBS has been broadcasting and I've been PVRing so I'm about half done, I reckon. I'm just going to knit until all the yarn is used up. (image is somewhat overlit)
I have temporarily abandoned the Haruni shawl I'm knitting for Lorna. The yarn is some lovely Koigu-esque hand painted yarn by Rhichard Devrieze. He's from Ontario and I've bought his stuff at the Knitter's Frolic. I also purchased a couple of skeins at A Good Yarn in Sarasota last winter.
Lorna and I went yarn shopping at Romni a couple of weeks ago and found these two 'special order' skeins that were larger than usual - more than enough yarn to complete the project.

Right now it just looks like a blob of yarn but it will look lovely after it is completed with the beautiful leafy border and after I wet-block the bejeepers out of it.
Skip and I spent a couple of hours tonight going over the cruises for 2016 we'd consider going on. I had to submit a 'wish list' as all the 2015 cruises have been staffed.  Still no confirmation on whether I'll be getting on the one I was slated for. It is overbooked with a waiting list so I may be bumped off in favour of a full-fare paying guest. For now, we wait patiently and mull over what might end up being Plan B.


No comments:

Post a Comment