Thursday 2 July 2015

Duplicate Square

Skip and I have been off on another adventure this week. This time to the Finger Lakes region of NY state. We have visited here before at this time of year and like the uncrowded roads, scenic vistas, and lush vegetation. My next post will be about our escapades.

I finished the Melissa Leapman square and decided I needed to add a couple of rows to the lower part. I unravelled one row, knit a couple of rows to the bottom part, then tried to graft it back together. Sadly I was out a couple of stitches so am waiting to give it another try.

Instead, I cast on another square of the same design and between knitting in the car and motel room knitting, I finished it last night.

I have cast on yet another one.

One of the cool things I found in a gift shop in Skaneateles this morning was a St. Brigid's cross pendant. Of course I had to buy it.

The first time I saw a St. Brigid's cross was when we travelled to the Aran isle of Inisheer and crafted one with one of the local artisans.
Stay tuned for more shenanigans...

No comments:

Post a Comment