Tuesday 29 September 2015

Fauxberry Finished

Back in 2012, I took a weaving lesson, borrowed a loom and wove this scarf using sock yarn.
A faux Burberry, or Fauxberry as I call it. I hemstitched the edges,
took a few photos of it,
and left it to languish on my UFO pile. Yes, a pile.

After my renewed interest in weaving, I hauled it out and realized that all I needed to do is twist the fringe. Violà! C'est fini!
I still need to wash it, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
I'm not a big fan of the Burberry plaid but it looks so splendid, I may just have to wear it this winter.

Late last night, I took a crappy selfie with my crappy camera. I do like the length of it - 72" without fringe, 82" with fringe.
Tomorrow I meet with my monthly knitting group and will get their feedback as it would certainly be easy enough to crank a couple more of these babies out if they thought they'd be gift-worthy.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! As a non-weaver (but I am a knitter) I was wondering - how do the twisted ends not untwist?

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The knot in the end prevents the untwisting.

      Delete