Friday 25 September 2015

Tap Class

I've wanted to take tap dancing classes for the last 20 years or so. I just never found a class that would take adult beginners. Our local seniors' centre offers all kinds of programs for a really reasonable cost. One of the programs that is offered this fall is tap dancing! I signed up faster than one can shuffle-ball-change and yesterday, I purchased tap shoes in preparation. They're Capezios!
Today was our first class of 11. There are 5 students and we even have a man in the class. My Mary Jane tap shoes were a big hit with a couple of the other students.

We learned about 5 steps and started learning a routine. I've already practiced a couple of times since I got home including a performance for Skip.

Tonight my legs are aching. I guess that's a sign I got a good workout. I look forward to more practicing and my next class.

No comments:

Post a Comment