Monday 30 January 2017

On the Road Again

Skip and I left home yesterday morning for our odyssey southward to our winter home in south Texas. We got away by 9:30am and made it to our first lodgings in Marshall MI just as it was starting to snow quite heavily.

The roads were pretty clear this morning so we travelled via MI, IN, IL, and are spending the night in Sikeston MO. This is our route so far. We normally drive about 700km per day but today we had an extra hour of sunlight as we crossed into Central time.

I started this little mitten for my tree next Christmas. It's mitten #12 from Kat Lewinski's 'Mitten Garland Advent Calendar'.
Instead of the number 12, I inserted the year.
The mittens are really little. Here's one from the same series that I knit in December as compared to my hand
I've started another biscornu and have plans for yet another.

I'm looking forward to visiting Judy's Stitchery Nook in Harlingen once we get to the Rio Grande Valley (RGV). She has a wonderful selection of stitching materials, fabrics, threads, patterns, and kits. I'm hoping she's offering an interesting class that I can take.

No comments:

Post a Comment