Friday 15 December 2017

Christmas Deer

I bought some linen fabric for stitching on some trip or other (UK knitting tour or Irish knitting tour). One of the pieces was 36 count linen which I thought would make a nice background for a Christmas deer.
I bought a locking embroidery hoop at the big box craft store with a coupon. It was recommended for punch needle projects and it works great for regular stitching, too.

I stitched over two threads with one thread. I didn't use a magnifier because I was in a semi-reclined position and watching TV whilst stitching.
That's 18 stitches to the inch, folks.

Not sure I'll get it finished into an ornament before we leave for our cruise.

BTW, I got final confirmation from the cruise line today that we will be on the scheduled 14-day sailing. I'll be teaching on every one of the 'at sea' days and possibly one or two days more, depending on when the ship sails from some of the ports. As far as I know, there won't be an art teacher so I may have more people in my classes which used to run at the same time as the art class. However, the iPad class is also at the same time so the art students might all flock there.

No comments:

Post a Comment