Monday 4 December 2017

Ornament Finishing

Many stitchers have lots of ornaments stitched but not finished into anything. Last week I had a couple of people over to finish some Christmas ornaments.

Jeanette showed us a bin of her finished ornaments. She also provided lots of useful tools and templates.

Barb is a new stitcher and did a beautiful job on this snowflake ornament.
Marilyn stitched this cute Santa. I love the different texture of his moustache.
She also got the hardware onto this bellpull sampler from Prairie Schooler.
I was so busy I didn't get any pics of Jen1's  ornaments that day but she went home and finished a bunch of other ornaments that could be used as gift tags. The dove on the bottom centre is the one she did at my place.
The next day, I finally got one ornament finished. It has a little bit of Hardanger on it so it needed a fabric behind it.
I used this nice burgundy fabric for that and also the back
and made cording out of DMC floss using my fringe twister.
As you can see, I stitched it in 2011. It's about time I got it finished.

I think we should have a couple of finishing days every fall. It was lots of fun and we got a lot accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment