Tuesday 28 November 2017

Down the Rabbit Hole

Jen3 invited me to attend her rug hooking guild's meeting this month. It was their Christmas potluck as they won't be meeting in December and it would give me more information about rug hooking - which I am considering.

While there, I bought a punch needle I'd been looking for, a puffin rug canvas, and a rug hooking frame. The frame is an old one but is in perfect working order. It also came with a pink cover. But I can see making quilted covers for the sides which can be used during hooking narrower things and to protect my arm/hand from getting scratched.
The top and right side bars tighten to keep the canvas taut.
Jennifer tells me that some hookers add pieces to their smaller. canvas to go beyond the confines of the frame so all 4 sides can be anchored.

I had purchased a couple of kits years ago and got one out, started, and completed it last night. It's a 3.5" x 3.5" coaster. The back is kinda messy so I'm not showing that. I was glad to have this little piece to practice on. Now I need to finish/bind it.
I have another kit with 4 coasters that is hooked with wool yarn.  I'll see how I do with those.

Now I have another thing to look for when I go to fibre festivals. For now, I'm happy working on kits with the wool already included.

No comments:

Post a Comment