Sunday 14 January 2018

Peek-a-Boo Pouch

A while back I bought the Babyville Snap Pliers on sale at the local fabric shop. Today I thought I'd tackle a project that uses snaps - the Peek-a-Boo Pouch by Caroline Critchfield of Sew Can She. It's a free pattern on Craftsy. Caroline also has a good video tutorial on YouTube. I first saw this project on the PBS Crafty show 'It's Sew Easy'.

My biggest challenge before starting a sewing project is picking the fabric. I certainly have enough in my stash so I picked a kitty cat theme. I also had vinyl on hand and a sizable stash of zippers and fusible interfacing.

It was a pretty easy project. Sewing the zipper onto the vinyl pockets was the trickiest bit because vinyl likes to stick to stuff and it can't be pinned but I lucked out and didn't have too many problems. It's best to use non-directional fabric because the outer piece is one big folded strip. I could have taken a bit more care to fussy cut for the flap and front.
I've been wanting to use this fishbone fabric for a long time.
The snaps went on rather well. In the future, I would put them closer to the bottom of the flap.

The size is perfect to hold the snap pliers in the zipper pocket
and all the accessories. The top vinyl pocket is open and the bottom one closes with a zipper. I also could have divided the top pocket by sewing a vertical line but didn't do it this time.
This pattern is easily adaptable to other sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment