Monday 1 January 2018

Shipboard Knitting

There is an opportunity on a cruise like this to kick back and relax. I have read three *books and am listening to another one. I don`t take the time to read when I`m at home because it either relaxes me too much and I fall asleep or I seem to always have something else to do.

I also did some knitting.

While shopping before the trip I lost my Chrysanthemum Mittens. It is the second pair I have knit and lost. Stephanie at Myrtle Station Wool had the contrasting yarn in stock so I whipped up there and picked up a ball so I could knit myself another pair. I started the first mitten just before the trip so I'd have something to work on in airports, on planes, in hotels, and on the cruise.

I finished the first one (except for the thumb)
and have the second one underway.
I also finished the first striped sock. I used the other end of the charcoal yarn from the mittens to do the toe.
These are the socks I was knitting back in September on our Scandinavian trip when I lost the blue wool used for the cuffs and heels. I think it rolled under the bed where I was knitting in Stockholm and I didn't notice it missing until we were on the high speed train to Oslo. I have found a substitute yarn for the cuff and heel of the second sock and will use the charcoal again for its toe.

Today is my last class. Tomorrow is the art and knitting display which is my last official duty onboard. We will be docking in Charleston at about noon and are required to get off the ship to clear customs and immigration before re-boarding for our last night on the ship. We also have a reservation at the specialty Italian restaurant onboard, Prego, and will begin packing after that for our final disembarkation on Wednesday morning.

Our flight back to the cold isn't until later in the afternoon. We're spending the night at the airport hotel in Buffalo where our car is, and will drive home on Thursday.


*"Finding Me: A Decade of Darkness, a Life Reclaimed" by Michelle Knight, "The Real Doctor Will See You Now: A Physician's First Year" by Matt McCarthy, (I don't remember the third one right now). Listening to "The Woman Who Smashed Codes: A True Story of Love, Spies, and the Unlikely Heroine Who Outwitted America's Enemies", by Jason Fagone.

1 comment:

  1. Well thankfully you missed the worst of the cold back here in the FROZEN north! LOVE Myrtle Station Yarn shop. I visit there whenever I go down to Whitby to visit the kids.

    ReplyDelete