Tuesday 7 January 2020

All Can Be Revealed

For those who don't know, I have been doing some model stitching for artist and designer, Teresa Kogut.

Back in the fall I stitched her first sampler, "Bee Kind" and the pattern was released to LNSs (Local Needlework Shops) today so I can finally show it and the way she finished it.
Here's my closeup before I backstitched around the wings. All these threads were Weeks Dye Works hand-dyed threads. See the variegation in the wings?
This closeup is of Teresa's finish. Photos of this will appear on the front of the pattern. See how the backstitching makes the wings 'pop'? I sent the above version to Teresa when I finished it and suggested the backstitching. She mailed it back to me and I mailed it back to her with the backstitching done.
I really enjoyed stitching it. It wasn't that big a project (6 1/2" x 6 1/2") - especially compared to 'Heaven and Nature' that I just finished (visible in the background to Teresa's right about 3 1/2 minutes into the video and in the last photo of this blog post).
An arty shot before mailing it the first time.
Isn't that honey stick cute?
I've been waiting since early fall for this to be made public. So exciting!

I then stitched two small pieces for her which were then sent to Vonna Pfeiffer - The Twisted Stitcher - for finishing. Vonna has several excellent finishing tutorials on YouTube called "Floss Tube Finishing School".

The pattern for these two pieces was also released today. They're called 'Two Homes" and both come in the one pattern.

Vonna finished them onto candle stands which Teresa had purchased at a big box craft store.
See Heaven and Nature? This will be released in March in Nashville at Market. Only 2 more months left to wait for that.

These patterns and her other newly-released ones can be ordered now from your LNS. In two weeks they can be purchased from Teresa's Etsy Shop.

This has been such a fun experience for me. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to do this stitching.

I hope to receive a new project to stitch in the very near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment