Wednesday 12 February 2020

This One's For Me

I did some more work on the Quilting Bee piece but have to pick another white-ish colour that will show up against the background so I've put it aside for now.

I dithered for quite a while about what project to start based on the fabrics I brought and finally decided to start Teresa Kogut's 'Bee Kind' sampler. This time it is for me.

I'm using 36ct Edinburgh flax that I bought as a remnant at A Stitcher's Garden last fall. I'm stitching with one thread over two and I'm happy with the coverage.
I must be tired this evening because I made SO MANY MISTAKES!!! I had to pick out parts of the lower legs 4 times due to various counting mistakes. I'm on track now and am finding it a pretty quick stitch because when stitching with one thread I don't have to railroad.

Tomorrow morning we're meeting our birding group at a park in Harlingen. After that we'll go for lunch and then to Judy's Stitchery Nook. I want to buy some fabric for 'Black and Jack'. I need a couple of thread colours as well.
  Halloween  Cross Stitch Chart  Needlework  DIY  Crafts  image 0
Who knows what else I'll see while I'm there?

I watched Teresa's latest YouTube episode and she gave a sneak peek of her commemorative booklet of patterns - 'Celebrations' - which she's debuting at Market. Next week in her video she's going to reveal all her new releases so people can pre-order them from their Local Needlework Shops. I'm really looking forward to seeing all four big samplers she challenged herself to design last September.

I mailed off the piece I did for her from 'Celebrations' which she should receive by Friday. Hopefully she'll be able to show it on her release video. She has been designing so many cross-stitch patterns lately - very prolific.

I also took a look at 'Bee Kind' and 'Two Homes' online and noted they're now also for sale at the Fat Quarter Shop so if you want them and also want to put in a fabric order, you can do it in one place.

We went birding this morning at the Birding and Nature Center and saw some amazing things. I don't have a photo of this but in one spot we spotted about a dozen different species. There was a group of birders that were on a tour and their minds were blown. It was really a case of it being easier to count what species of heron/egret wasn't there rather than what was there. It was pretty amazing. We even saw three green herons in three different places. I was too tired to finish processing my photos this evening so hopefully I can get to that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment