Thursday 8 July 2021

It Only Took 3 Weeks This Time

Teresa mailed me the materials to stitch her another Hallowe'en-themed model on June 14. I tracked its route to me over 600km to the east of her home. It went to San Francisco on June 29, then to Vancouver to clear Customs. It left there on July 3 and was delivered to my community mailbox this morning - 3 1/2 weeks later. This is half the time it took for her last package to arrive. 

In it were a couple of charts that I ordered for myself:

For the Love of Nature is Teresa's new collaboration with Riley Blake fabrics. Her new line will be available in the fall. It would be cute to make a quilt with the fabrics and have the coordinating, framed cross stitch piece.

I have admired Oh My Bird since it was released and am glad to own the chart now.

The other contents of the parcel were the materials to stitch the model for her new chart. 


Like the last one I did for her, this one is also Hallowe'en-themed. There is quite a bit of filling in. However the colours are rich and the some of the filler patterns are very interesting and will be fun to stitch.

I've put all the materials in my Sugar Skulls project bag.

This has reminded me that I have some wonderful Mexican-themed fabric in my stash. I went looking for it and have discovered I have 2 yards of it!!

Won't this make some amazing tortilla warmers and project bags?  I'm so excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment