Monday 22 November 2021

Lots of Little Things

I got the ornament for our guild's ornament exchange fully finished today. I can't show the front but will give you a sneak peak at the back.

I was given a bunch of 2020 charms last January which inspired me to order some 2021 charms for this year. They come in packs of 100 so I've been handing them out to lots of folks since then, I've already ordered charms for 2022.

I finished another ornament this afternoon. I can show this one.

I've had it stitched for months. I used beads for the stars, HotFix jewels for the snowflakes, and a gold star button.

The cording is the same floss colour as the windows and the stitched stars. Basically I measure out the length that I want with all 6 plies of floss and multiply it by 6 or 8 - depending on how thick I want the cording. This cording was 8 - 6 ply strands.

I didn't have any fabric that matched the dark terra cotta but I did have fabric with the same colours left over from placemats and napkins I made a couple of years ago.

I painted more Christmas cards and attached HotFix jewels to them this evening. It took a while because they're itty bitty. Next step will be to crop the artwork and glue it onto card blanks. I had a pack of 25 card blanks and envelopes in my stash. Then I will start some Christmas baking.

During my Monday morning stitcher's Zoom chat I started this week's blackwork SAL flower - dogwood (bottom left). I finished it shortly thereafter.
I have 5 flowers to catch up on. Then there will be two more weeks and we'll be done! I have enjoyed the weekly installments but probably won't FFO the piece. Instead, I'll select another blackwork project that interests me. Which reminds me, I still have the faux sashiko piece to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment