Wednesday 24 November 2021

Wool Felt Appliqué Sheep

Yesterday Barb and I ventured up to Uxbridge to the Quilter's Cupboard. She needed fabric to finish a quilt and I was interested in getting some little buttons and perhaps some more wool felt appliqué patterns or quilts. We both came away with what we wanted.

Last night while I was Zooming with the Whitby Spinners, I was tracing wool patterns onto freezer paper and cutting out pieces. I needed to flip the images so they'd be right side around as I'd be cutting them out from the right side. When I was putting the pieces in place, I realized I needed to affix them somehow and basting stitches wouldn't cut it. I tried WonderUnder and that didn't work either so I just dabbed a bit of fabric glue to anchor the pieces. 

On the next little project from the Buttermilk Basin Ornament Extravaganza 


I used some HeatNBond. This worked pretty well and I didn't need to reverse the image.

I worked away on it during today's Zoom chat with my crafty friends and got a lot done. I finished the little sheep ornament just now.

On the back I used some fusible batting,
and #5 Ecru perle cotton for a hanger.
This was my practice piece for the blanket stitch around the edges. I now will tackle the gnome snow globe that I got cut out and ready to stitch. It came as a complete kit with all the required wool pieces.


One thing I prefer about the patterns in the book is they indicate where extra felt should be cut out which will tuck under and adjacent piece. Those indications aren't in the line drawings in the individual patterns purchased separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment