Sunday 3 July 2022

Back At It

I took a day off from stitching on Canada Day but got back at it yesterday. Today I completed the first house in the Pansy Patch Quilts and Stitching new series. I can't show you what I've stitched but I can show you the screenshot from Lori's IG.

The colours are very rich and autumnal. This is the next house I'll be doing. Lori is stitching the individual houses to make up as pillows and I'm stitching them all on one big piece of fabric.
I should be right on schedule completing the second house by the middle of this month. I'm also going to be stitching and finishing a scissor fob and triangular scissor case that she has designed based on another sampler she's creating by mid-August. Lori is working on getting me the threads and fabric for them.

I also finished the first of another pair of Fred's bed socks.
The yarn was given to me several years ago by a friend who thought he wanted to learn how to knit socks. For whatever reason he decided not to and passed the yarn on to me. The second sock is going to be a pretty close match except I had to start a couple of rows into the pattern from where I started the first sock. I doubt Skip will even notice the leg of one sock is 3/16" shorter than the other. I will start the heel in the same place so the feet should completely match.

My eyes are tired at night so I knit when I'm watching TV. I don't have to look down at my knitting anywhere nearly as much as if I were stitching.

These last few days have been quite busy with our anniversary dinner out, Canada Day tacos and Portuguese custard tarts at home with Skip and Sharon, and Mexican lunch yesterday with Lorna and John who were in the area picking up something purchased at an MG meetup. I haven't done much today except stitch and have a Zoom chat while stitching. I'm going to lie down. 

The fridge is full of leftovers so Skip should be able to find himself something to eat for supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment