Sunday 13 November 2022

I'm Back

Skip and I flew down to south Texas on Tuesday, October 25. That night I had to take him to the Emergency Department at the nearest hospital - 40 minutes away. He was admitted that night after some testing and remained in hospital for the next 9 days. We got home last Saturday, November 5. All in all it was a very harrowing experience but I was somewhat comforted while Skip was in the hospital, knowing he was in the best hands possible. We are hoping our travel medical insurance will cover everything. Don't ever leave your province without travel medical insurance. It's not expensive and can save you literally millions of dollars of medical bills.

Since our arrival at home we have been taking it pretty easy alternating with making our way through medical channels here to try and begin the treatment that he needs. Skip's energy is low after all the days in bed in hospital and I'm pooped from all the stress and managing everything. Our lives are not completely our own any more.

Our friends and neighbours have been so supportive. And thank goodness for cell phones and the Internet. 

I had to cancel the Toronto Guild of Stitchery retreat at the Nottawasaga Resort this weekend. there will be other retreats.

I did, however, get some stitching done either at the hospital or in my hotel room and today, finished the 5th house in the Houses on Pumpkin Lane, designed by Lori Pengelly of Pansy Patch Quilts and Stitchery.  Today she sent me the sixth house to stitch the model for her and I'll get it started tonight or tomorrow.

I have a couple of Christmas ornaments I want to fully finish so I need to buy a couple of skeins of DMC for that. There are also a couple of ornaments I would like to stitch for gifts for this Christmas. We'll see how that goes.

No photos on this post. Hopefully next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment