Sunday 4 December 2022

Lots of Stitching I Can't Show You and Late Night Activities

I have not done a post in weeks. It isn't because I haven't been stitching. I have been stitching like a fiend for an upcoming deadline and have had little time to do anything else. I just can't show it because it's for Market in March.

I did sign up for the Jingle Ball and finally got to meet Teresa Kogut via Zoom at her live chat tonight. Only 20 people were online (as opposed to over 600+ at her meet and greet last night) so I figured I'd have a chance to introduce myself. 

I didn't have my camera on initially so only my name was showing. Teresa noticed it so I turned my camera on. Hopefully we'll get to meet in person some day. It was so nice to actually chat with her.

I'm going back to stitching the model for her when I get the current one (#8 of 9 for Pansy Patch Quilts and Stitchery) done or close to done.

I did a bunch of ornament finishing but I can't show them either as they are gifts and need to get mailed off. I will definitely take photos and post them after Christmas. For our guild's ornament exchange, I have the piece stitched, I just need to FFO it.

I have some sewing I want to do as well. I'm going to have to set up my sewing machine in the dining room again to get that done.

The last couple of weeks we we've been busy with Skip's appointments. Only one more procedure for him next week then hopefully his treatment can begin. We have been rather enjoying cocooning at home. It isn't much different than what we've been doing during all of COVID. We haven't really made any Christmas plans - it will be low key - but I'm definitely going to festoon the house with much of my Christmas finery.

I have a bunch of Christmas baking I would like to do as well. 

Last night I thought I'd replace the burned out bulb in my clothes dryer. It took me over a week to figure out where the light was and it was a total pain to remove. I couldn't find any local stores that had replacement bulbs (10W) so ordered a pair from Amazon. They did not offer only one bulb. Good thing, too, because the first bulb I struggled to put in didn't work. Rather than trip the power breaker for the dryer which would have plunged the laundry room into darkness,  I pulled the dryer out to unplug it. Some stuff fell off it and other stuff beside it fell down and made lots of noise. Of course, I started this project at about 11pm and Skip and Scooter (visiting for the weekend) were already in bed upstairs. I had to reassure Skip I was OK after some of the crashing noises. 

Have you pulled your dryer out of its spot lately? I don't remember ever cleaning under there in the 26+ years we've lived in this house. So of course, I had to vacuum, then wash the floor where the dryer had sat. I finally got the second bulb in (and it worked - yay!), the floor clean, the fallen items picked up, the dryer plugged back in, and the dryer vent cleaned out it and reattached, and the dryer and back in place. Phew! That was a real workout. Boy, do I ever have a lot of stuff to clean out of the laundry room. But that will be another time.

The other Amazon purchase I made when I ordered the light bulbs was a moisture tester for our firewood. If you burn wood that is too wet, creosote will build up in the chimney and can catch fire. I got the thing to work and was pleased to see the firewood I had just brought in from outside was dry enough to burn. When I actually started the fireplace tonight, it had dried even more so we had the perfect level of moisture for our cozy fire this evening.

Here I am again composing this at 12:30am. Hopefully tomorrow I can tackle a couple of tasks on my to do list and cross them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment