Sunday 4 December 2022

Semi-stealth Finishing

 Today I completely finished finishing four of the Christmas ornaments. I can't show the fronts but can show the backs. 

The cording is the same colour as one of the colours on the front.

The backing fabric matches the colours of the stitching very well and has a wintry sentiment. "The true warmth of the season..." and "Today is a good day to be thankful...".
I was fortunate to find backing fabric that perfectly matched the beads on the front. Reds can be hard to match. This was a spool of cording I had in my 'finishing' stash.
This cording was also a purchased spool. I covered the join at the centre back with a HotFix jewel. 

I just need to get these in the mail to their respective recipients.

I have one more stitched ornament to FFO. I may try something a bit different. I have only 2 - 2022 charms left. Phew! That was a close one.

No comments:

Post a Comment