Wednesday 14 December 2022

More Cards and (Relatively) Local Yarn

I've spent the last couple of days painting, bedazzling, stamping, and crafting Christmas cards.

I did a couple of patterns that I painted last year and a few new ones.

Not a single one is original thought.
They all were inspired by YouTube videos.
I like that they don't take a lot of time to paint. I have a very short attention span for things like this.
They look so spiffy with HotFix jewels and some metallic paint.

I cut the watercolour paper to fit card stock card blanks and envelopes. 

Skip and I have been watching the vlog of a shepherd from SW Ontario throughout the pandemic. Her YouTube channel is Sheepisly Me and as I write this it's lambing time - my favourite time of the year. She has several groups of ewes so lambing occurs about every 4 months.

The last couple of years she has sent the shorn fleeces to the Mariposa Woolen Mill to be processed into rovings and yarn. The sheep are bred for their meet, not their fleece but the mill does a lovely job creating lovely, soft yarn. 

Mariposa also dyes the yarn to Sandi's specifications and this year the theme was 'Blue Christmas'. I missed buying some last time she offered the yarn for sale but this time I set my alarm and managed to score a skein of the 2-ply worsted in the 7 minutes before all was sold out. (Sandi has 867,000 subscribers to her channel so I had a lot of competition buying some of her yarn.)

It arrived in the mail today and is lovely.
I'm looking for the perfect pattern for 100m of worsted weight variegated yarn. A hat would be nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment