Tuesday 29 April 2008

Dealing with WIPs

I started a project with some of my birthday yarn - the Freedom Spirit.










I have selected the French Market Bag for it. I'm also using a couple of other contrasting yarns from my stash to make the Freedom Spirit go farther. The sides of the bag will be 2 - 3" longer than the pattern calls for.

I also started my first lace project - the Swallowtail Shawl from Interweave Knits. I'm using the Naturally Dawn yarn I bought at the Knitter's Frolic. It's not a hard pattern but it does require 100% concentration. It's definitely not a project I can do while at our Sit 'n Knit or when Skip's trying to talk with me.

While adding the new project to Ravelry I realized I had 12 (!) Works In Progress (WIPs). Yikes! So I had a good look at them and reassigned a couple to hibernation and finished another project. So I'm down to 8 WIPs.

I also have caught Skip's cold. I haven't had a real cold in several years. I had the beginnings of one at Christmas but it never really settled in. I'm so annoyed. I think I'll go blow my nose...

1 comment:

  1. The French Market Bag is tres cool! Looking forward to seeing how your bag will look when finished.

    ReplyDelete