Monday 30 June 2008

One More Square

I actually finished the Dana Hurt square before the one I designed. It's pretty narrow but is knit loose enough that it should stretch out nicely when I sew it into the afghan.
















I'm about half done the next square I've designed. It's an easy pattern but I didn't really give enough thought about the patterns complementing each other so I don't think it looks that great. Oh well. It's the 12th square and I soldier on.

I went for my brisk 50 minute walk today. The audiobook on my iPod sure helps the time pass quickly. In fact, since I'm so close to being finished the current book - Valerie Bertinelli's autobiography, I though I'd better get some more so I can keep the momentum. I headed over to the library and got some more books on CD out today: Joan Didion's "The Year of Magical Thinking", Daniel J. Levitin's "This is Your Brain on Music" and the epic biography (10 CDs worth!) of Charles M. Schulz, the creator of the Peanuts comic strips.

The last book I downloaded onto my iPod played in reverse order of tracks. This was very annoying because at the end of each track another would start, which was a previous one, so I'd have to back up 3 tracks to one I hadn't heard yet. It was kind of a pain during my walk to have to be constantly backing up three tracks at the end of every chapter. When I synched my iPod tonight, by some miracle everything is in the correct order! I have no idea what I did but I'm glad it's working.

I'm also having problems downloading stuff from my Windows Media Player library to iTunes. Whoops! I just tried something and it might be working! Also I seem to have misplaced my iPod synch cord. Thank goodness Scooter has one here which I was able to borrow. Skip has one too, now that I think of it. I wonder where mine went? Oh well. It'll turn up.

2 comments:

  1. The Year of Magical Thinking was an amazing book - I read it almost a year ago and still think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Geri - I had a giggle reading your blog today - you are so into knitting .... they guys "worked in the yarn" today - VI

    ReplyDelete