Thursday 27 May 2010

My 3rd Blogiversary

Today is the 3rd anniversary since I started this blog. I started it just before I retired from teaching as a way for me to chronicle my activities while making the transition from full-time teaching to my new life. I'm pleased I've had so many readers and since adding the nifty Flag Counter a couple of months ago, I've already been visited by 1,250 unique users from 55 different countries! Heaven only knows how some of the people have stumbled across my blog.

Today offered up record-breaking high temperatures. Skip and I golfed with David and Sue and only made it through 7 holes before we bailed and went for refreshments and lunch. Back at home, I spent some time attempting to put the house in some semblance of order in preparation for our visitors from Georgia (the US state, not the country), Francey and Rich who are arriving tomorrow morning. Between the two diet Cokes I had a lunch and the decaf iced latte I had this evening at our Mac Users group, I think I exceeded my caffeine limit which permits me to fall asleep. I'm also excited to see my friends and REALLY looking forward to the opening of Sex And The City II which several of us are going to attend on Friday.

Of course, in any balanced life, there is bad that comes with the good. I received word last week that a dear sorority sister of ours, Mary Beggan, lost her 3 1/2 year fight with breast cancer on April 21. I am so sorry to know she is no longer with us and her parents and siblings, her husband, Mark, and two daughters, Courtney and Kirsten.

Mary, we are so honoured to have known you. You were a wonderful and dedicated wife and mother and a very special daughter to your parents and beloved sibiling to your sisters and brother.

When the Gammas are all together this Friday night, we will be taking some time to share memories of you. We all certainly miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment