Tuesday 25 May 2010

Spring Garden

I have a lovely new camera (Canon Coolpix P100) and I'm trying to learn how to use it. While shooting some of the blooms in the garden yesterday, I discovered the macro setting.




This peony bush was planted in the last couple of years. The rest of our peonies are white or pale pink and bloom a couple of weeks later.



This globeflower plant is a favourite snack for our local rabbit. It is surrounded by chicken wire to protect it.











Bleeding heart is a good shade plant which blooms early.














I love these Siberian iris. The blooms are on tall spindly stems.

And here's a closeup of a bloom and a bud just above it.


These bearded iris haven't been a favourite in the past but I really like the rich, rusty red colour this year.











I'm making progress on the Filigree sock.

No comments:

Post a Comment