Sunday 12 September 2010

2010 Knitter's Fair

Yesterday, Jennifer and I went to the Knitter's Fair in Kitchener. It was my second time going; the first being in 2007 with Skip in tow. This year's Fair seemed to be much bigger with more vendors and lots of space as they were spread out over two large halls.

Getting in the dressed in the morning posed quite the dilemma. What knitted item should I wear? What do I wear with it that will look OK? I ended up wearing a white shirt and my Zauberball Dianna shawl. 
I got lots of compliments. Many people were very surprised to learn that I used the Zauberball yarn on it.

Jennifer and I were there from 9:45am to 3pm; taking our time going from booth to booth and in some cases re-tracing our steps to make sure we hadn't missed anything.

In spite of the fact that I am going to the NY Sheep and Wool Festival next month (Mecca to knitters), I bought a lot of stuff. It felt like a knitterly Christmas! This is what I took home.

... from Wellington Fibres

-120g 650yd skein of laceweight
-80% mohair/205 wool
-Colour Variegated
-Wellington Sierra Desert colourway


a skein of 100% bamboo yarn from Dye-Versions in fingering weight

-Harvest colourway (left)



a skein of handpainted Tencel (right)
-3 oz./85g 263 yd (approx)
These two skeins of Malabrigo Kettle Dyed merino worsted were on sale.


This kit had a Koigu pattern and Prism Saki yarn
-80% Merino/20% Nylon
-Ginger colourway











From Hubbert Farms, I bought two skeins of 75% alpaca blended with 10% Finn, 10% mohair and 5% seasilk. It is 3ply sportweight and each skein has 200 yards.














and also from Hubbert Farms -  2 'bumps' of pindrafted alpaca blended with finn, bamboo and soy.

For my spinning needs, I bought 200g of Corriedale White roving,

and 200g of hand painted 50/50 superwash merino/silk pencil roving.
I finished the baby hat that accompanies the Provence Baby Cardigan. Skip and I delivered them to baby Taylor's mother this morning.
I also included a cotton Petal Bib in the package.

Next Saturday, I'm attending the World Wide Spin In Public (WWSIP) Day event at The Black Lamb in Port Hope. It starts at 10:30 and is bound to be lots of fun. If interested in attending, let Laurie know. Bring stash you want to swap (yarn or fibre); your own plate, cutlery and drinking vessel; your wheel and a chair; and a portable gazebo/tent for sun protection. I just checked the forecast for Saturday and it's supposed to be sunny with a high of 17F. Perfect outdoor spinning weather!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow you bought quite alot from us Geri. I luv that Wellington Fibres hand dyed yarn...if I had of known they had that I would have bought some!

    ReplyDelete