Thursday 23 September 2010

Frilly Scarf

At the Knitter's Fair, I bought a kit with "Barb's Koigu Ruffle" pattern and a skein of Prism Saki yarn in the Ginger colourway.


Yes, it IS a pattern intended for 2 skeins of Koigu KPPPM (total 350 yd.) which is fingering weight. However any multicoloured yarn would work well. The Saki yarn is Sport Weight and was fine.  The resulting scarf is 31" long which is long enough to go around the neck and be overlapped and pinned. If one wanted a longer scarf, one could cast on more stitches and just follow the decreases and increases in the pattern. It was fairly mindless knitting - perfect for sitting and knitting.

I'm almost finished all the charting for my Selbu Rose mitten that I'll be teaching October 30 and November 13 at Myrtle Station Wool. 



Between my sister and myself, we figured out how to copy and paste charts from KnitVisualizer into a Word document. I am more familiar with WordPerfect but the pasting just wouldn't work with that program so Microsoft Word it is.

1 comment:

  1. That ruffle scarf is adorable - I may have to make one for our young neighbor Kennedy. I think she would like one in pink.

    ReplyDelete