Sunday 19 September 2010

Spinning in Public 2010

Yesterday I attend the World Wide Spin In Public event at The Black Lamb in Port Hope. There were about a dozen of us and we sat outside under a big canopy spinning and chatting for several hours. It was a bit chilly but we were cozy in our hoodies and fleece. Laurie, second from the left, is the proprietor of The Black Lamb and was our amiable host. She prepared pots of coffee and an awesome crock of chili and the rest of us supplied other pot luck delicacies.
Here is the other half of our happy throng (minus Jody who is taking the picture).
There's Jody, my spinning friend, on the right (below). I met her last year at a spinning event at The Black Lamb after I had been spinning for a week. She was very encouraging and we have commented on each other's blogs off and on all year. We both plan to attend the Warkworth Guild's Spin In on October 5, 2010 in Campbellford, ON. There will be about 60 spinners there. I attended last year and loved being amid so many spinners and so much fibre!

Catherine, on the left above, was impressed that I knew where the elementary school she teaches at is located; and even more surprised to learn that I taught for 18 years at the neighbouring high school. She has just recently learned to knit and got a lot accomplished on the baby hat she was working on.
Jody took this action photo of me at the wheel. I got the rest of the bag of hand-painted pencil roving spun. And started on some of the Finn blend I bought from Jody's booth at the Knitter's Fair last weekend.
It was a lot of fun and I look forward to the Spin In in a couple of weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nice words Geri...You are alot of fun to be around and I am looking forward to the Campbellford Spin In!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete