Friday 22 January 2016

Climbing Vine Mittens

I finally finished these Climbing Vine Mittens.
I bought the pattern several Rhinebecks ago from the designer himself, Bill Huntington, of Hope Spinnery. He operates what used to be a wind-powered fibre processing mill, in Hope, Maine. The business has evolved into a fibre arts studio  "providing high quality yarn, knitting patterns, and custom made knitwear" -- still powered by the wind.

Last October, at Rhinebeck, I purchased his Wind-Spun Yarn to finally knit these mittens.

His booth was very popular at the NYSWF but I was able to still find two contrasting colours for the mittens in the Granite and Dance colourways.
I still need to block them.

Now I'm even more inspired to knit the Fiddlehead Mitts
with my BFL handspun.
Must find background yarn and the alpaca for the lining....

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful mittens, Geri, and in such well-chosen colours!

    ReplyDelete