Thursday 14 January 2016

Photo Shoot or should I say... Photo Shot

I got Skip to pose in his new hat. Although I didn't get a photo of it, he has a red coat with grey trim that looks very spiffy with the hat. Maybe he'll pose with the coat and hat together sometime.
I have located extra black yarn so will be able to knit myself a matching one. I expect the Dale (authentically pronounced Dah - leh) of Norway patch to arrive in the mail any day now.

I have half a sleeve done on the Aran sweater. 1.5 sleeves to go.

We're starting to get excited about our upcoming departure to the (hopefully) sunny south. I've been whittling down my 'to do' list to prepare for the trip. Skip has been uploading and playing Mexican Conjunto tunes all evening.

I've been looking through an old photo album all evening, scanning various photos, and sending them to those pictured. I've also posted quite a few on Facebook. It has been so much fun. It is so hard for me to believe that they were taken over 30 years ago when I was in my 20s. I'm still that age in my head and fortunately the rest of me is holding up quite well. I'm very grateful to still be in contact with many of the pictured folk, thanks to social media - Facebook in particular.

Here's a pretty early photo of me learning my trade...
Ontario Youth Music Camp, Beaverton ON 1970
and a fairly early one of me plying my trade.
St. Patrick's High School, Sarnia ON Concert Band ca. 1982
 It's fun to look back and remember what my life was like then and who was in it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi - I too went to the music camp in Beaverton - I have been struggling to find much about it on line - it would appear that is operated from 1963 to 1980, but even that is not written in stone. I would be curious if you have had continued contact with anyone else who attended? I went 2-3 summers - I remember them moving to a different camp after my first year. I went in the mid 70's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did go to university (Faculty of Music @ U of Western Ontario) with several folks I had met at OYMC and am still in contact with a couple of people who attended from my high school. Some of the instructors/conductors at camp were also instructors at Western. I really enjoyed the experience. What high school did you go to and who was your music teacher?

      Delete