Saturday 1 July 2017

Baby Sunbonnet

Our friends had a baby a month ago and I wanted to send a handmade gift. I had already knit the child a blanket when I was in Texas

and was able to give it to the expectant parents on our drive home.

Once little Beatrix Grace was born, I was able to make an appropriate gift to send down. I thought a sunbonnet would be very cute and practical for a child spending her first year in Texas sunshine. I used the pattern from Purl Soho and whipped this adorable little hat up this afternoon.
I don't have anything the right size to model it but you get the idea.
The way it is finished, it could even be reversible if Beatrix' parents wanted the white side out.

The pattern is given for 4 sizes from 0 - 24 months. I made the 3 - 6 month size which should get her through 'til the fall. The pattern called for 1/4 yd. of outer fabric, inner fabric, and fusible interfacing (I used medium weight) but a fat quarter of each would certainly suffice. The interfacing is only used on the visor part. The template is a printable .pdf. Just make sure to check that the printed 1"square is indeed 1" square.

No comments:

Post a Comment