Sunday 9 July 2017

One Over One

I continue to stitch little ornaments. This one is being stitched over one thread with one ply of floss on 28count Monaco cotton. It's the 'Noel Sampler Ornament' by Cheryl Walker of Graphs by Barbara & Cheryl, Inc. in the 2001 Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornaments issue.
I'm not thrilled with the colours and had to go a shade lighter with the 'grape' colour. It will make up into a nifty little ornament. I really like stitching alphabets.

Surprisingly, I haven't had to use a magnifier or reading glasses to stitch this. My optometrist 'tweaked' my prescription and I am able to see clearly enough for close-up work.

If I get myself organized enough, I'll get a Christmas tree up this year even though Skip and I will be away over the holidays. Some of these ornaments will make it onto the tree. Others may be given away.

No comments:

Post a Comment