Monday 17 July 2017

One Over One Done

I finished the stitching. I just noticed I have a couple of stitches to finish crossing.
Yesterday, Skip and I went into The Big City to see the musical about Carole King, "Beautiful".
The performances were excellent, particularly by Chilina Kennedy, a Kingston ON native, who played Carole. Particularly impressive was her piano playing and that of others on the stage. Such good memories are evoked by hearing the tunes she co-wrote with her first husband, Gerry Goffin. It's remarkable that her first big song,  was produced when she was only 16 years old.

Thanks, Skip, for that excellent birthday present of tickets to the show.

1 comment:

  1. Going next week. Have to try HARD not to sing along. (Oh well, I managed, for the most part, to keep quiet during Stratford's Guys & Dolls last month.)

    ReplyDelete