Monday 31 July 2017

Handspun Boomerang

I spun this yarn in 2014.
It was 155g of beautifully-dyed Merino Superwash mill ends from The Black Lamb. I chain-plied it (3-ply) to make a nice, round yarn that maintained the integrity of each colour with a minimum of marling/barberpole-ing. It was 404yd of DK weight yarn.
Last week I used it to start another Quaker Yarn Stretcher Boomerang, designed by Susan Ashcroft.

I finished it last night with 60cm (24") of yarn to spare after the picot bindoff (cast on 2, bind off 5). That was close.
It is now blocking.
It's easy to run the blocking wires through the picots. I used blocking wires on the other short side and bendable blocking wires on the long side.
The bendable ones are great for blocking curved things like crescent shawls. I bought them several years ago from Inspinknity on Etsy.

I'll have more pics tomorrow when the shawl is dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment