Thursday 28 June 2018

A Fun Stitching Day

Yesterday, Barb and I met Laura at Jeanette's place for a stitching day. We admired and encouraged each other on our projects, looked through Jeanette's pattern stash, enjoyed a delicious lunch (great 30 minute chicken soup, Jeanette!) and raided Jeanette's fabric stash. Jeanette shared some blue fabric that was perfect to back the open work of my second Hardanger set and I got both pockets attached to the inside of the needle book.

I came home with several patterns of fabric and lining to make Barb and Jeanette some zipped vinyl bags with their preferred fabrics from the stash.  Last night I cut out three projects and assembled as far as I could before attaching zippers.

I made a trip today to Fabricland to buy zippers to match the projects and more fusible interfacing and vinyl for future ones. Hurray for 50% off sales!

I got two done today.
This pretty, blue fabric was Barb's favourite.
Jeanette really liked the turquoise and blues in this fabric. I found zippers that matched perfectly.
In my enthusiasm, I made a measuring mistake when I cut the fabrics out, so made the vinyl windows two inches larger.

 I double folded narrow strips of fabric to make the zipper pulls. It was tricky getting them through the eye of the zipper tab. I may try another technique next time.
I picked up the rest of the colours of DMC floss I needed to work on my Winter's Eve cross-stitch project from the cover of the 2006 Just Cross Stitch Christmas issue.

Yes, it's the ornament right in the middle with the house and sheep. It's called 'Winter's Eve' and is a Country Cottage Needleworks design.
That will be my stitching project tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment