Sunday 24 June 2018

Hardanger Trio

I assembled the needle book of the Hardanger Trio last night.
I made twisted cord ties from the #5 perle cotton and two layers of felt for the needles.
The pocket fits a rather large pair of scissors. Closed, the needlebook measures 10cm (4") wide and 13.75cm (5.5") long. If you wanted to make it smaller, just use fabric with more thread count.
The pin cushion has the same Hardanger pattern as the large pocket.

The scissor fob is from the other set I'm working on. I'm not sure what I did with the one that goes with this set.
I stitched the felt rather than stitch a line on the fabric and whip stitch the felt to it. The other modification I did was to weave the bars rather than wrap them. I liked the look of them woven better.

I have the other needle book to complete now.

Our little stitching group is starting to do a search for another little project we can work on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment