Monday 10 September 2018

Buttons are Finally On!

It took me 3/4 hour at the button store to make a decision about what buttons to choose. I finally took the plunge and they were on sale 1/2 price! BONUS!
They're quite small to fit between the two i-cord edges.
I didn't want them to really stand out.
Unbuttoned...
Buttoned (as much as I'd probably ever button it)...
I really would love to knit another sweater with this yarn (Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift) or Jamieson & Smith 2-ply jumper weight. It is so light but very warm.  And the vast amount of stocking stitch wasn't that annoying. The waist shaping made it interesting. All over Fair Isle would also be fun.

I've had the pattern for Alice Starmore's Oregan cardigan pattern for ages. I could cough up the big bucks and order the kit from her with the Hebridean 2-ply or try to match the colours with Spindrift or J&S 2-ply jumper weight.

I would do a set-in sleeve because I don't like the look of a drop shoulder on my ample upper body. This would involve doing steeks for the armholes. After watching the relevant episode of Fruity Knitting (episode 40, starting at minute 11:00), I have the confidence to tackle that new technique. Andrea (in the video) uses a 10-stitch steek. I'd probably only use 5 or 6 stitches for my armhole and front steeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment