Friday 21 September 2018

Home Pincushion

I have finished most of the stitching on the Hands on Design 'Home' pincushion. The instructions have me attaching fusible interfacing to the back side of all the stitching before I sew it together. I'll wait until I get home to do this as I didn't bring any interfacing with me.
The half of a house on the left will be sewn to the half house on the right side. This will be the last seam I sew when assembling the project. I selected a floss colour (DMC 3024) that most closely matched the colour of the fabric for the backstitching all around the pieces. It will make a very smooth transition from the sides to the top (and the tops of the trees).
I still need to trim the piece of plaid wool fabric to fit inside the diamond at the top and attach it with a blanket stitch. Then start to attach the sides to the top and the bottom.
I've outlined the top and the bottom with the backstitching as well. I'm working on finding lettering for my name and date for the bottom.
 I have a couple of other projects to work on in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment