Sunday 23 September 2018

Pulled Thread Design No. 19

One thing Skip and I like to do when we`re in new places is to explore bookstores and libraries.

When we were in Sidney last week, we found a really good used book store. Skip headed to the history section and I checked out the needlework section. One never knows what out of print or hard-to-find books will be there.

I was very pleased to find a vintage Danish book on pulled thread patterns. Someone paid $1.50 for it at some point.
I paid $5 for it. When I checked on Amazon.uk it was 19.99 British Pounds and is one of three in this series.
I found a few patterns that I could use on my pulled thread project. Fortunately, the instructions are in  both Danish and English but I had my trusty Google Translate app ready just in case there was some extra Danish for me to interpret.

No. 19 was an interesting pattern that created raised squares by running the threads behind. I had seen this pattern in photos before but had been unable to find instructions for it before now.

It took a couple of hours to do the one square. But I liked how it turned out.
 9 squares down, 7 to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment