Saturday 15 September 2018

West Coast Windfall

Skip and I flew to Victoria BC on Tuesday. We are house-sitting for my cousin and his wife who live in a beautiful Art Deco home on a bay. They left for a European holiday two days ago. This is the view from the living room.
My 'stitching chair' is in the corner of the windows on the far left. Looking out there, I can feel my blood pressure dropping by several points.

Yesterday, Skip and I ventured downtown to explore the Button and Needlework Boutique. It's one of the loveliest stitchery and yarn shops I've ever been in. They had charts from designers I'd only ever seen on Etsy (Satsuma Street) and online. It's easily found by the big button hanging outside.
The centre table has bins with many, many designer's charts. I didn't check but I'm sure I could find almost every Victoria Sampler chart here.
I have this chart by Little House Needleworks at home.
Overhead are several Sue Coleman designs inspired by Northwest Coast native images.
They have all the threads, needles, fabrics, and accessories for stitching as well as a full inventory of beautiful yarns. I will definitely need to make a return visit (or two) on my own so I can explore further.
Then, not surprisingly, we found a Mexican restaurant for lunch.

Otherwise, we`ve been pretty lazy while we adapt to the time change. Skip loves that he can watch NCAA and NFL football games starting at 9am and be finished sometime around 8 or 9pm.

Today it is raining so we may hop in the car and go up to Sidney where, on a previous visit, we counted 9 bookstores.

No comments:

Post a Comment