Thursday 10 December 2020

A Fun Christmas SAL (Stitchalong)

Brenda Gervais from With Thy Needle and Thread is hosting a stitchalong for a very cute Christmassy piece. I found it on her group Facebook page.

On 36ct the 65 x 84 piece's finished size will be 3 1/2" x 4 5/8". This link was our first clue and had the floss colours and DMC substitutes. I dug some 32ct Belfast linen out of my stash and decided to wait until I saw the first part to commit to doing it.

On Monday the first part was released. Once I saw it I had to do it. I got the reindeer, some snowflakes, and the candy cane border just below the reindeer done that day. I decided to save the other two candy cane borders until other motifs were placed closer to them so I wouldn't have to count as much.

On Wednesday, the second part was released. There is quite a bit more stitching in this segment. The tree, poinsettia band, and more snowflakes. This is the little photo clue Brenda gives us. 

I'm already thinking of how I will bedazzle this when I'm done. As there's not a lot of contrast between the reindeer and the tree, I'm thinking of outlining the reindeer with one strand of backstitching and a darker floss colour.

I have quite a bit of stitching to finish for this segment.

No comments:

Post a Comment